Sunday, May 10, 2009

Franklin Park Zoo--Boston

We finally had a beautiful day after all the rain and decided to take advantage of it by going to one of the two zoos in Boston. My brother said I was spoiled by all the great zoos in Ohio, because I wasn't too impressed with this zoo. There weren't a lot of animals and the exhibits weren't that great. Overall, we had a good time. There was hardly anyone there, so we didn't have to deal with crowds and the girls of course loved it. The rain forest building with all the monkeys was definitely everyone's favorite exhibit.


Zebras

The lazy lion sleeping.

The giraffes.

It must have been a lazy day for all the animals- the kangaroos were lounging, too.

Shawn took this at just the right time. Hilarious!

Arilyn & Addison enjoying their day.

This was our favorite part- the monkeys. The gorillas were sitting right next to the glass and the girls were amazed. Addison kept saying- Monkey! Monkey! Then she'd make a loud monkey sound.

Watching the gorillas.

I know this picture is blurry, but I had to post it. Arilyn was right next to the glass, the monkey started to get up and it scared her. She jumped back so fast- it was so funny. I think it looks like she's trying to do some karate moves on the gorilla.

Right outside the rain forest building there was this huge gorilla statue. It looked kinda freaky to me, but the girls wanted to take a picture with it. They had a good time!

No comments: