Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bright Lights

There is a huge Christmas light display in Springfield called Bright Lights in Forest Park. Apparently it's a huge attraction here, so we went to see what it was all about. It was very impressive! It went on for 2.5 miles and there were lights every where. Some of these pictures aren't the greatest, but you'll get idea. The girls loved it!

Arilyn was so excited to see the Christmas lights. The whole way there she kept saying- where are the Christmas lights? Are we almost to the lights?

We finally made it! They had a nativity scene at the very beginning. The picture of the manger was really blurry, but I got 2 out of 3 wise men!

Of course, since Dr. Suess was from Springfield, they had a big tribute to his characters. The Grinch, The Cat in the Hat and many other characters. It was pretty neat.

Here's Santa!

This was pretty neat- they had a post office box decorated as Santa Clause where kids could drop off their letters to Santa.

More lights!

Addison really liked the lights, too. (Notice that the shoe is coming off.)

They had several displays that went over the road. They had one towards the end that looked like a reindeer was flying over the road.

This display was so neat! From a distance, I really thought it was a real house, but it was just lights. 

I was in Arilyn's way of seeing things. She was not interested in having her picture taken! She just wanted to see more lights.

More lights.


And here we are- almost at the end and Addison has successfully taken off both shoes and socks! I don't know why I bother putting them on her because this is usually how I find her when I go to get her out of the car.

The last display- wishing everyone Happy Holidays! 

1 comment:

LisaMarie said...

Super cool light display! Nothing like that around here to look at. Loved the Thanksgiving shot too.

Oh, and I'm sending a thank you card, but I wanted you to know that we DID get your package. :)