Monday, June 22, 2009

New Patio

Shawn was on vacation last week. We didn't have any plans to go anywhere, so we decided to build a new patio. Here is the progression...


The before picture. Shawn staked out the dimensions.

Here are all the bricks and the anxious girls ready to help!

This was the big pile of rocks we had delivered for the base. Arilyn was so excited to help Daddy. She got her wheel barrel and shovel and literally helped Shawn until all the rocks were in the patio. She was so proud of herself and I was very proud of her. She was an awesome helper!

I thought this picture was funny because Shawn and Arilyn were doing everything in sync. Arilyn did everything Daddy did. When Shawn was done filling his wheel barrel he'd put his shovel back in the rocks so it would stand up and Arilyn would do the exact same thing. It was very funny to watch!

Filling the base with the rocks.

Here is Ellie's contribution! It was very warm, so I guess she was trying to stay cool.

Ready for the sand!

Once we put the sand in, the girls went crazy playing in it! I really thought that they were thinking that we were really building them a huge sandbox! They were a little disappointed when they had to stop playing.

Arilyn even got out her sand castle molds and made sand castles!

Finally!! It only took us 3 days to finish, but it was a lot of hard work! I wanted to wait to take pictures when it wasn't raining, but honestly, I don't think we're ever going to have a sunny day again, so I had to take them in the rain.

Another view.

We haven't gotten much use out of it yet because of all the rain, but it will be well used...if it ever stops raining!


No comments: