Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in Massachusetts

After making it back to MA, Shawn's parents came to our house to celebrate Christmas. We had a really good time and the girls loved opening all their presents. It was very cute when the girls were going to bed Christmas Eve. I had gotten an advent calendar that had a Bible verse for each day that led up to the birth of Christ and then Christmas Eve, we put them all together and read the whole Christmas story. As Arilyn was going to bed, I asked her- "who's going to come tonight?" I was expecting her answer to be Santa, but she got a huge smile on her face and said "Jesus!" It was so sweet and made me smile that she gets the true meaning of Christmas!

Arilyn and Addison actually slept in Christmas morning, which was really nice! I know that won't happen as they get older! This is when they first came downstairs and saw the presents.

Arilyn was so excited. She got lipstick (which is really chap stick!) in her stocking.

Addison opening things in her stocking. I got them each a small plastic snow globe that played a handful of Christmas songs. They loved them! We had to take them away and hide them so that they would open the other presents!

I don't think Addison knew exactly what was happening with all the presents, but she loved ripping the paper!

We were all thinking the same thing this year with Arilyn. She got puzzles from Santa, Shawn's parents and Shawn's aunt. They were a big hit! She wanted to do them all day. Abuelo was helping her do this one.

We ordered a pizza the last night Shawn's parents were here. I usually cut up Addison's piece, but I don't think I'm going to anymore. She barely ate any of the pieces I cut up, but she grabbed a piece of Grandma's pizza and chowed down! She just wants to be a big girl, too I guess!

Giving Grandma a kiss.

We took Shawn's parents to see the the Christmas light display that I had put on the blog a few weeks ago. The girls enjoyed it just as much as the first time. This is Arilyn hanging onto her globe. I don't think either of them let go of them all day!

Shawn's aunt got Arilyn and Addison boas, which they played with for a while. Then we went upstairs to eat dinner. When we came back down, this is how we found Graysen. She is such a big baby and looks for anything soft to lay on. She was using the boas as a pillow and I thought it was so cute!

No comments: