The happy girl ready for her first day of school!
Arilyn with her penguin backpack that Aunt Vanessa got her last year.

A better picture of the backpack.

Addison had to pretend that she was going to school, too and had a backpack on!
Addison posing with her backpack.
Arilyn sitting on a rock outside her school.
Arilyn walking in the door like a big girl!

She went right to her cubby and hung up her backpack.
I figured that it would be a struggle to keep Addison out of the room. She really wanted to go too. This is Arilyn pushing her back out of the door telling her she couldn't come in because she wasn't old enough.
Arilyn was completely comfortable and started playing right away. I walked over to her and told her we were going to leave. She said- Ok, do you want a hug and a kiss? It was hilarious. I was really glad she felt comfortable, but kind of sad at the same time! When we picked her up she wanted to know if she was going back tomorrow. She had a great day. Her favorite part was playing outside and playing at the sand table. I think she's going to really enjoy preschool!
I forgot to take a family picture before preschool, so we took one when we got home after lunch. (And yes, it was cold enough today for long sleeves- the high was only 68 and it was really breezy! Fall is on its way!)
No comments:
Post a Comment