Saturday, September 5, 2009

Three County Fair

I've said this before, but I was really spoiled living in Ohio and growing up going to the Canfield Fair. Every fair I go to pales in comparison to the Canfield Fair! Shawn's sister, Vanessa, is visiting us this week, so we decided to check out the oldest fair in America- 192 years. I thought maybe it'd be pretty good, but I was wrong! It was ok, but really small and hardly any food selection! Arilyn and Addison loved it though, so I guess it was worth it.

Shawn took this hilarious picture of a goat. I love the ears.

There was a pen set up for 'racing pigs.' They were baby pigs that ran in a circle and then the kids pet them. The girls loved it. They were laughing so hard when they ran. Both of them couldn't wait to pet them.

Petting the racing pigs.

Arilyn was really brave this trip and wanted to pet everything. 

Aunt Vanessa helping Addison see the baby ducks.

The girls couldn't wait to get into the poultry building so we could see the chickens and roosters. However, they didn't like it so much once we were in the building and the roosters were loud. As we walked out, Arilyn said- Let's never go in there again! It was pretty funny.

Addison looking at baby chicks running around.

Arilyn having a staring contest with the goat.

These goats were really noisy and Arilyn was talking to it- making goat noises.

And again, Arilyn got up close and personal with the animals. She's making snorting noises at these pigs.

Addison followed suit and was helping to make snorting noises at the pigs.

Arilyn went on her first ferris wheel ride with Aunt Vanessa. She loved it. Unfortunately, Addison was too little to go on.

No comments: